Jad Mouawad and Martha C. White:
Some carriers are taking the smush to new heights.
Spirit Airlines, for instance, uses seats on some flights with the backrest permanently set back three inches. Call it, as Spirit does, “prereclined.”
The low-cost airline started installing the seats in 2010, squeezing passengers into an industry low of 28 inches. While the Airbus A320 typically accommodates 150 passengers in coach, Spirit can pack 178.
And that is a good thing, Spirit says.
Hard to think of another industry that is constantly and consistantly making the user experience so much worse. And the airlines have gotten so good at treating us like cattle that they’re now openly bragging about it.
Permanently Reclined seats seems like nothing but a good idea, firstly- noone can complain about your seat pushed back, secondly, you don’t have to unrecline for takeoff and landing, and thirdly, and most importantly, it makes the aircraft more efficient, moving more people for almost no increase in fuel costs.
They aren’t turning anyone into cattle. Cheap airlines aren’t there for a luxurious and comfortable experience, they are there to get you to your destination cheaply. Perfect for those on a tight budget. Don’t like it, don’t fly with them. If you prefer a much more comfortable or luxurious experience, then go ahead and pay a ridiculous amount to sit on your butt for hours for that little bit of extra comfort. This will only make things cheaper and more efficient for those who do like this option.
reblogged from ursa-vir
originally posted by parislemon
- erinltompkins reblogged this from parislemon
- therealbohemian likes this
- hotelsociety reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- teddydot reblogged this from parislemon
- rockyourcortex likes this
- capnmariam likes this
- davidsgoals likes this
- kim likes this
- mihaimoga likes this
- ad3228 likes this
- franciscohui likes this
- fnatical reblogged this from parislemon
- amillionlittlefeces likes this
- jilltatewilliamson likes this
- porcelain-girls reblogged this from ursa-vir and added:
- nutullabrain reblogged this from parislemon
- jemerick likes this
- zabotage reblogged this from parislemon
- oliverbo likes this
- macphoenix likes this
- myxiaokeai reblogged this from parislemon
- ronen likes this
- stillbuildingabetterme likes this
- ammarthegreat reblogged this from parislemon
- jinkhet reblogged this from parislemon
- jinkhet likes this
- justtoast reblogged this from parislemon
- justtoast likes this
- ursa-vir reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- scifi451 reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- jstn likes this
- rplusdc likes this
- parislemon posted this